Sunday, April 29, 2007

Stand up and be counted...

Things are going like gangbusters for me right now. Finals are going and even though I only have one actual exam, I also have a couple of papers that I am having trouble motivating for. After Thursday it will all be over and only my thesis will stand between me and my degree. I keep saying that I can not wait until it is over, but the truth is that I really like what I am doing and really look forward to my PhD program.

Yesterday was the East Canyon bicycle race. I like this race even though the worst climb is in the first few miles. Unfortunately for me I was already OTB when we got there. Given the circumstances, I would not do a thing differently though. In about the first mile my teammate, who is super fit right now, broke a spoke on his front wheel. I gave him mine and Nater pulled him back to the field while I got a new wheel. At this point I was way OTB. I figured I would ride hard for a while and see if I could pick off some remanent of the group. Well 59 miles later I crossed the finish line by myself only to be greeted by my teammates who were ultra-supportive and excited because the guy I gave my wheel to won! Like I said, I would not change anything about it except for the Cat 3 that blew his nose in my face.

Next week is another race, but there is a lot to do before then.

oh yeah and for those about to rock, we salute you!

4 comments:

sp said...

Hey, I heard last year someone (I think it was T-Bird) got peed on! That sucks too.

Piotrek said...

Some people just don't respect #13. What can I say.

jrad said...

wow, that's right! I forgot to mention that I was #13!

Piotrek said...

I had some more to say about that on my blog. ;-)