Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Johnny Five High Uintas Alive

There are so many race reports from this weekend, won't take much time to write my own. Sandy finished third, Marc had an egg blow up in his face, and Sam had too much time on his hands. Like Turbo, my best ride was the TT thanks to the wicked awesome Seven Mike Hanseen at Canyon Bicycles loaned to me. Overall, it was a fun weekend.

I have been writing my thesis quite a bit. I have discovered a trick that works well for me. Five to ten page papers are pretty easy for me to crank out. Thus, I have broken the thesis down into bite-sized chunks. The real bonus is that the thesis is double spaced so when I take the paper and plug it in it suddenly gets voluminous. Then there are figures and graphs and footnotes--I swear half the time of writing is just busy work that a monkey could do!

ION, the Sox continue to roll. They do not seem as hot as they were a month ago. It has to be hard when you are playing against the Sox at your home field and all you hear from the crowd is the "Let's go Red Sox!" chant. Also, Manny has been dancing a lot lately which means he is happy and we are only 8 weeks away from his typical mid-season depression.

1 comment:

B-Horn said...

Only prob now is the Shillmiester is out 15 days plus his usual two games to get back to form. But man look at the batting averages rise. Manny is now .300 and Coco is up to .250 not bad when they both started around .200.

They need to take it one bite size chunk at a time like you. Let's see All Star Break, August... Way to go with the wheel shizzle to B.Swind. That's clutch, the Sox could use a guy like you in middle relief.