Saturday, September 22, 2007

sick and stuff

Things are good here in the country of Montana. It has been cold and a bit rainy for the past week and I enjoyed the worst cold I have had in a long while. It all started when I got a call from the MSU medical staff telling me that the titer I had done to prove MMR vaccination. Well the measles portion came back "borderline" and MSU was requiring that I have another measles vaccination.

After some grumbling on my end, I decided to cough up the $20 and get the shot which I did a week ago Thursday. Unfortunately, by Friday afternoon I had a wicked sore throat--I mean wicked. Were the two related?

By Saturday morning, I had a fever and was totally out of it. Sunday was worse. Monday I forced myself to go to school and everyone I saw told me to go home. The worst part was being sick when my in-laws were visiting. I tried to help in the yard, but was pretty useless.

Anyway, I got out on the bike yesterday for the first time since getting sick and today I feel almost back to normal. Another ride and a good nights sleep will work wonders!

Things are about to get slightly turbo on this end with some travel and deadlines and such for us. I am heading to Interbike this week which should be interesting to say the least. Then some cross racing, hopefully a bit of fishing with the boys and my first family meeting.

No comments: