Monday, May 19, 2008

Boston is a sports town

We went to Costco after the Celtics game was over. Anna had on here pink Manny shirt on and one the managers told us that the Sox had one, sweeping the Brew Crew in the process. At least Rob got to experience Fenway for only $45! We got to see most of the game--while not working in the yard. Anyway, we chatted with Brian who is from Woburn. He knew Crotched Mtn and Pat's Peak, both ski areas I skied at as a youth. Always good to meet another fan. The Celtics game was great and Shaughnessy is usually a good read. I noticed his favorite moment and appreciated it too. I really like hockey for that reason.

I raced the BLC on Saturday which was 104 miles at over 27 mph. As my luck would have it, I flatted in the first 10 miles and was lucky enough to be able to chase back on--thanks Richard! Unfortunately, it took some juice out of my legs and I still cramped toward the end. It was a gorgeous day and great to see the boys.

I leave for Japan one month from today. I am nervous and excited as mentioned below. More updates before I leave and I promise to update at least 2 times per week while away. I am pretty sure I am not going to have a cell phone so everything will be via the wide wide world of internets. Anyway, this is where I will be (click on it to actually be able to see it!):

1 comment:

annajo said...

you spelled won wrong.

I love it when I get to correct you.