Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 24 & 25: Developments

Since my last post, I went out for a few drinks with the guys. It was really fun and they fed me some different foods than I have ever had, some of which I am not in a hurry to try again namely sakura and natto. We also had a fair amount of shochu which was all good until I awoke not feeling so hot on Friday. Luckily, Yama-san was also not feeling so hot.

So now with experiments running, we take pictures daily and analyze them to determine size, area and circularity. Here are some crystals initially:























And here we are after several days:
















As you can see there is a significant difference. Now that we are up and running, I am going to have to process several hundred images like this that are generated every day. Good times at the computer...

No comments: