Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 3: Transfer and Orientation

So the day started for me at 6AM local time. It tried to start several times before that but I was able to force myself to stay in bed. I think it will take a bit to get adjusted to the time. After breakfast we were bussed up to a campus for advanced studies in Soken-dai. I found it a little odd to be on the wrong side of the road.














We went past a huge port area where ships were being loaded and unloaded.














Upon arrival we had a nice lunch of fish. In fact, I have had fish at every meal so far. Good thing I like it. Here is the courtyard of the village center where we are staying.














After a few short talks we had a group picture. This is what I saw:














After this, we checked into our rooms. Kyle has been nice enough to share his LAN cable so that I am able to post this. My curiosity got the better of me and I had to see the "spray" option for the toilet. It shot water out of the bathroom, across the entry way, into the closet and onto the wall--a solid 5 feet away. Not so sure I am going to use this option!

So far, so good. More to come later....

1 comment:

sp said...

Oh how I wish there was video of the water spray.

6 years ago you were here with me and Jason for Bluegrass. It starts tomorrow, but i'm driving to SLC. Enjoy the fishies.