I am not kidding. We were out working in the yard yesterday and it snowed. It was one of those days that while working you were either freezing or sweating in a T-shirt. Got out for a short ride, but I am really not motivated to ride my bike at all in any sort of inclement weather. OMG I need to stop the BLW and HTFU.
Getting ready for Japan; excited and apprehensive at the same time. Below is the poster I am going to present when I get there. Below that is the abstract.
Abstract
Many studies have been made analyzing the metamorphosis of snow under temperature gradient; however, little attention has been given to the reverse phenomena. The purpose of this study is to develop the mechanism of the metamorphosis of depth hoar after the temperature gradient has been removed and to improve the existing snowpack model (SNOWPACK) using those results. Laboratory facilities at the National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention Technology Division’s Snow and Ice Research Center in Nagaoka, Japan will be utilized to perform this research. Depth hoar will be grown in several snowpacks to various stages by exposing each snowpack to a temperature gradient. After the desired stage has been reached the temperature gradient will be removed and metamorphosis will be observed at several steady isothermal conditions until the depth hoar is restored to an equilibrium form. Three relationships are expected from these experiments: initial depth hoar stage and restorative time; influence of temperature and initial depth hoar stage on restorative time; and, influence of initial depth hoar size and stage on restorative time. These relationships will be used to describe the metamorphosis of depth hoar under uniform temperature as a function of initial depth hoar size, stage and temperature.
You might think that with a topic like this I would be excited about it snowing anytime. However, as my father used to say "I enjoy the change of the seasons more than any one of them."
Also, I am now in Facebook. Search under my real name.
Finally, I also have Skype. If you download it, we can actually talk for free while I am in Japan. Video too if you have a webcam. I am jwnelson97.
1 comment:
you have snow we have 90+ degrees.
Post a Comment